Vegan Verve

Friday, February 03, 2006

32 Bean Soup


32 Bean Soup
Originally uploaded by pensarepink.
How many beans? Don't even ask me to name all of them, I'm sure I won't know quite a few. In fact I'm pretty sure they're counting dehydrated celery, carrots, corn, and barley as "beans" just to get the count up to such an outrageous number. This soup was born of a mix available in the bulk section of my health food grocery. I soaked them overnight and let the soup and my improvised seasonings simmer on low for several hours. Very tasty with a splash of malt vinegar.

1 Comments:

  • 32 Beans (great northern, pinto, small red, black turtle, red kidney, lima, black eye, small white, pink, garbanzo, navy, green and yellow peas, lentils, adzuki, anasazi, appaloosa, calypso, scarlet runner, cannelloni, Christmas, European soldier , yellow eye, flageolet, cranberry, French navy, jackson wonder, jacob's cattle, rattlesnake, lentils petite crimson, snow cap, tongues of fire)
    8 Vegetables (carrots, onions, celery, sweet corn, leeks, green beans, red and green peppers, barley)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home